You could just transform, couldn't you?
- The coughing and sneezing with random references to anything gets old quick.
- Kuuko says she is physically incapable of getting sick and Mahiro chooses to pull out the "idiots can't catch colds" card? Don't be a dick, Mahiro!
- I actually have no idea what Kurei was getting out in terms of where she stands if Mahiro doesn't stay home with Nyaruko. ...... What???
- When we saw Nyaruko playing Monster Hunter, I thought they were going to have the "faking sick" cliche. Luckily, that wasn't the case.
- Aww! Nyaruko, you're so mean! I mean, no, I wouldn't have used the cough drop from Kuuko either, but you still came off as a jerk for being so rude about it.
- Oh, I forgot Hastur wasn't an agent. Why is he there, anyway?
- Nyaruko's cute laugh is "creepy" by Mahiro's standards. That's rude too!
- I like how Mahiro brings up the obvious point of "I really didn't need to come with you guys, did I?"
- Tentacle monsters that aren't used in an ecchi way? I'm absolutely stunned!
- Of course this alien has a horrible reason for doing this. That's pretty much the running gag in this series.
- Wait. Hastur can slice things up with his wind? Since when?!?!
- Whoa! Those "digging" guns aren't to be messed around with!
- Nyaruko used the deus ex machina to come to their aid. How unoriginal...
- "Accidentally" saved Kuuko? What is with the mean-spiritedness in this episode?!
- Speaking of meanness, why is Nyaruko so willing to just let Shanta die? At least attempt to rescue her, you jerk!
- Also, why can't Shanta just transform into her larger form? I'm pretty sure that would free her easily.
- A fake-out foreshadowing which was pretty clever leads to the real foreshadowing... which was stupid. I think they made a mistake somewhere.
- Where'd Kuuko pull out the music amplifier?!
- Everyone pretends to be sick to get some Mahiro love!
- Another unfunny ending. Sigh...
This wasn't the best episode of Nyaruko-san we've seen, but it was watchable, and even entertaining for the most part. However, the jokes in this episode weren't very funny, and instead made the character look really bad. Mean-spirited jokes can only be funny on rare occasions, and it's obvious that Nyaruko-san isn't sure what those occasions are. To be fair, though, it wasn't as though the jokes were excessively demeaning, but added up over the course of the episode to give off that feeling. While this isn't the sole factor that made the episode less enjoyable to watching, it is the main factory. Here's hoping to a better episode for next week!
[Copyright to: Manta Aisora, SoftBank Creative, DLE, Azuma Tani, Shueisha, Flex Comix, Noboru Kimura, Xebec]